SOME OF MY CLIENTS
- Scientific and technical writing: articles, reports, user manuals, protocols, educational materials, training manuals, product documentation
- Online research and scientific literature searches
- Editing: journal articles, manuals and most other types of written communications
SOME OF MY CLIENTS
- For University of Oslo Science Library (Realfagsbiblioteket)–Established and maintained the library’s Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/realfagsbiblioteket) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/Realfagsbibl) pages and participated in the organization of different lectures and conferences arranged by the library.
- For LiivMD (Palo Alto, California, USA)–extensive online research for the Director of Written Content and Editorial to aid in the creation of their medically-oriented website with a focus on personal health and living well.
- For Global Consultancy (Asker, Norway)–wrote a short report about the scientific and economic considerations associated with construction of a laboratory for the extraction and production of artemisinin and bromelain on an industrial scale from plants grown locally in Africa (article available upon request). The laboratory will service five African countries.
- For BioRad Italy (Milan, Italy)–wrote an applications’ manual for use with their commercial BRITE flow cytometer. The manual was both educational and practical, containing important background information on the included protocols, relevant references, as well as specific procedures and representative examples and figures detailing optimal results.
- For Gyn Lab AS (Oslo, Norway)–advised on the design and setup of a flow cytometry laboratory facility that provided sperm chromatin structure analysis (SCSA) in an evaluation of male fertility potential. I also wrote a training and applications manual for key personnel and provided quality control, data analysis, report preparation in the startup phase of operations and training of key personnel who overtook these functions.
- ”Paula has been champion of all research for Liivmedia.com. A natural team player, flexible, insightful, Paula consistently exceeds the research requirements in the best possible way, providing credible information and sources and further developing and supporting the argument. Also a natural leader, Paula brings enormous creativity and enthusiasm to all aspects of the research, and was very often able to point the content team in new directions when the need arose. Her years of work as a professional researcher render her an adept and facile researcher with extensive knowledge of what’s available and where to look. She wastes no time, and on that note, she considers and approaches each and every project with the same vigor, respect and tenacity. She’s a find. Period.” Bernadette Murphy, Former Executive Editor—Liivmedia.com